Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

Friday, April 18, 2008

An Art Movie

I watched the movie My Kid Could Paint That. The movie is about Marla Olmstead age 4 & 5 at the time of filming. She does these abstract, Pollock and Basquiat type paintings, which are nice paintings. I do not think the father does them, which has been an issue for the media and Marla's collectors. What bothers me about the whole thing is her brother Zane he must feel so left out, since everything was Marla, Marla, Marla. I ( as a parent ) wonder about both kids psyches.
I would reccommend this movie to any artist. My favorite part was when they compared the 4 year old to Jackson Pollock, who in my opinion painted drunken temper tantrums!!! . The lesson to be learned from the movie................ IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MARKETING, make sure you have a HOOK.

1 comment:

Mystic Silks http:mysticsilks.etsy.com said...

Wow! You have the same impression of Jackson Pollock's work as I percieve him. Gimmie a bucket full of paint, a blank canvas, and watch me go!

I enjoyed your article--very interesting. Thought provoking.