Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

Monday, April 20, 2009

BMA & The Pirateer Fest



I woke unknowingly to an auspicious day on Saturday. I went out back to have my fix of coffee and to dig the beautiful day; as I sat there, I noticed a white dove sitting alone in the tree this was the start of my day!!!
I then decided to go check out more of this CHARM CITY, so with camera in hand off I went. After going to several parks and taking a few pictures (one of a one legged duck). From there I went to Fells Point; I did not know Pirateer Fest was going on. I walked around there for a bit, took a picture of an old building advertisement, which ironically was done by my bosses Grandfather. Shopping and sightseeing mixed with the perfect weather made me thirsty so I had a great bloodymary; I mention this drink because they put old bay seasoning on the rim and in it, YUMMY! From there I went to check out the exhibit at Baltimore Museum of Arts.
The current show is called A Circus Family: Picasso to Leger. I DO NOT like clowns, but I figured it's art so it's all good and it was. There was only one clown image that creeped me out. This was the 1st time I have been to an exhibit at BMA. There are so many wonderful pieces there. I ended up as I always do, in the Contemporary Art section. I am wandering around looking getting real up close and personal with the artworks; I turn the corner and there is a REAL Anselm Kiefer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shrieked, squealed and I CRIED!!! I have had such huge admiration of his work WAY before he became as popular as he is now. I am still reeling from seeing an AK piece with my very own eyes. I am impressed that BMA has one of his paintings in their collection. Well I broke museum policy (at least I was not kicked out of this museum) and took a photo of “Poland is Not Lost”.
Another painting that sucked me in was a Van Gogh. I do not recall the title but the content, his painting style/technique and from what I know of his life from research had a very profound affect. I started going into some thought strand on the Van Gogh's in this era. That is just too cerebral and long for this posting.
Saturday evening I went back down to the pirateer Fest and discovered this great micro brew from The Brewers Art the beer is called Resurrection. This beer tastes like Dick Danger beer from Washington and it will be one of the many beers next Saturday at Brewfest!!!, which I am attending as well as Lotta Art. The weather is fore casted to be around 80!!!
Appreciate the happy/lucky things in life.....Till next time.......PEACE

No comments: