Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brain on Nature or Nature on The Brain..........



Last night my sleep was disturbed. I tossed and turned, woke, all to often. What dreams I had were very intense and vivid. Thoughts just going, going, going and then the odd feeling........ you just KNOW somethings going on or about to happen ( good or not ). Much like animals with weather. Maybe it's due to transition.

I want to thank those who have e-mailed me about my Yule cards. With everything that's going on it is very refreshing to have conversations as well as orders for them. I miss the days when I had great conversations on all sorts of art topics. Speaking of ART....I will be in an Mail Art Exhibit at the Atelier Deux Mondes in Metz France. The theme for the exhibit is TWO WORLDS. and it can be viewed at the Gallery blog from October 2008 thru April 2009 ( I will post link when the exhibit opens ).
I have done several of these before and they are always a fun and challenging experience. The challenge for me is to create on such a small surface ( 5" x 7" largest ). I am looking forward to seeing other artists versions of the Two Worlds theme.
I am also doing the Painting Cans Show in Madrid, Spain. I like this one just as much as the mail art show, since it's crushed cans with pull tabs, that are painted and then sent to the Gallery/Space. I will post this link at a later date as well ( the site is under construction at the moment).
The image shown is from when I lived in Olympia. It is a tree that's right outside, but I used a photo program to alter it. I love the way it looks like a brain. I will use it for one of my encaustics at some point.

No comments: