Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nature Nymph meets Chaos??? ( Edited )



I am in a state of turmoil. I need to create and express visually, since I am not very good at verbal communication during stressed moments. In fact, something very few people know about me; I stutter or stammer when I am VERY stressed. I do speak in public, as in: lectures, presentations or classes. I digress. I have to paint. I think I'm Dt-ing from colbalt blue, yellow ochre, alizarin crimson, linseed oil and warm wax. I find myself sniffing oil paintings that are tucked in between their homeless cardboard box layers; Anxious,sitting, waiting for their new??? place.
I have entered the Burning Man '08 community art project( wdydwyd dot com ) DO IT YOUR SELF :) The question is " Why Do You Do What You Do?" My response " Because I am a birth order ( 1st ) woman - marketing tool born in the 60's."

Since I have not been able to paint, just semi-sketch and write. I have been thinking quite a bit about nature and how I really feel AS nature. I am so peaceful, grounded, calm and STILL when in nature, hence the motor home. I love to camp. I give my Mother credit and kudos for this. My Mother has always been one I hold in my utmost admiration, but that will be in the biography. Alright, back to where I was. I feel like I need to re-ground myself.......Did I not just freakin' do this ?? I just went camping for 2 days. I feel that I really need some solitude....NO!! Sanctuary. I stumbled on my artist statement on actual paper tonight, so in my nature thought. I conjured up other nature quotes. I have quoted Thoreau in one of my art statements, well, I covet the life he had on the pond. He was a fortunate man.

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote "Nature is the organ through which the universal spirit speaks to the individual, and strives to lead back the individual to it."
The sketch (Painting That Was.) "Lovers Dance" I actually did this as a painting, then covered it up.

No comments: